Welcome, Records Managers!

Welcome to Records Management University, a series of online courses dedicated to serving Records Management professionals, soon to enter its eighth semester. Why should you register? Just ask any of over 6,000 RM & IG professionals, just like you, who have already joined us!

1 Like

It brings me great pleasure to welcome you all to the Records Management University Discussion Forum! Throughout the year we receive numerous emails and communications from our students—everything from technical concerns to praises— but it’s not uncommon that we receive recommendations, thoughts, and follow-ups to our classes that we feel are deserving of further exploration.

Those who have met me know that I love to facilitate records management conversations, but in the end, we realize it is you, the records management professionals, who are the true experts in your field. We decided to provide you all a space for discourse and a platform to share that expertise with those who might find it useful.

Our classes only air once every other week, but your work continues between sessions and questions or topics of discussion come up all the time. You have the resources and knowledge that others might have been waiting for all along. We want a way to ensure that the discussion continues beyond the classroom.

In addition, there is so much valuable information that we would like to share with you that doesn’t always make it into our classes, so we will also be keeping the forum populated with course materials, recordings, and our own topics of discussion. Instead of flooding your inbox with more emails we will sometimes be posting our communications here, so if you are missing an email, or don’t remember the details for our next event, check the forum. Our hope is that you will use the forum to connect with one another and build the foundation of a community.

So, Records Managers, I turn it over to you. Click around and learn to navigate the Records Management University Discussion Forum.

Start some new posts – link to some of your favorite educational materials, ask questions, share ideas.

I cannot wait to see where this goes!

-The RMU Team